BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 14, 2009

New direction

Now that I am a mom and finally feel as though I have a better grasp on juggling motherhood, being a good wife and work full time; I want to start blogging more about motherhood. It is such an amazing thing and has so many wonderful and challenging times. So let's give it a try.

My son is now 15 weeks old. The first few weeks were pretty overwhelming for me. He did not gain weight at first. Gaven had trouble with reflux therefore, he was projectile vomiting all the time and it also turned out that his little tummy couldn't handle regular formula so we switched to soy. As I talked to old & new friends I found out that all of this was very common. That was comforting. I was very scared and nervous, I cried almost everyday. But as time went on and things got "easier" I felt more comfortable in my new mom skin. I already can't imagine my life with out him.

Caleb is a great dad. He has been very helpful. He would take care of Gaven after dinner and put him to bed so I could get some rest. Those long nights of getting up every couple hours for feedings were exhausting, especially after the months of insomnia while I was pregnant. Caleb is learning to be an amazing dad and bond with Gaven. I am so thankful to God for giving me my family.

1 comments:

Mama V. said...

Our first had reflux too! I'm so glad that you are settling into mommyhood. I love that the internet helps all of us moms to connect and support each other!