BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sadness

We are now safely back to everyday life as a married couple. Just as we are happily starting to nest with our new gifts, we were hit with the news of Caleb's uncle Terry being killed in a tractor accident on Sunday. So tonight we will attend the calling hours and tomorrow the funeral of his uncle. Caleb is in shock, but finding some comfort in the fact that we had a family picnic at our house this summer that gave us time to spend with Terry and of course our wedding. His dad's family is not very big and has had its share of tragedy. Now it is even smaller. Terry was a very outgoing, friendly, helpful and just all around good man. I thank god for the opportunity to have him in my life, even if it was only for a short time. So I will go and try to be strong for me, Caleb and the rest of the family.

1 comments:

Stacy Kraus McDonald said...

Oh Cristy, I'm so sorry to read this. I hope you all are able to celebrate Terry's life, even through your grief.