BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Murphy's law

Last Sunday was Caleb's family baby shower for Gaven and I. Well 3:30am Sunday, we get a phone call from Caleb's mom telling us his sister Kelly is going to have an emergency c-section. Now it's murphy's law because Kelly was hosting the baby shower at her house along with my MIL. This is not the first time that SIL has delivered a baby on the day an event was to take place. Her oldest child was born on her Aunt Tina's wedding day, just fun tidbits. So I have a new nephew, Konnor Clark, 5lbs 13oz. He is still in the NICU in a different hospital than Kelly, because he is having some breathing trouble. Kelly is supposed to be released from the hospital today and going to see Konnor right away. I truly believe that once Konnor and Kelly are together he will start to get better. I can't imagine being born into this world and then not having any familar voices around. I keep praying for him. I can't wait to meet the little man. I'll keep everyone posted.

As for the baby shower, the show must go on. Since Kelly had a c-section, she won't be able to do much for awhile. So everything was ready and the house was cleaned. My MIL still had the shower. I got lots of nice things. We got a pac-n-play so now Gaven has a place to sleep if he arrives early. We also go a bouncer seat, high chair and more clothes. Lucky little guy. Gaven isn't even born and he is already so lucky to have so many that care about him.

The nursery is still not finished. Caleb has been busy with other projects now that the weather seems to have broke. I decided to start cleaning drawers and cabinets that are built in and washing baby clothes and put away. Trying to condence the amount of gifts just sitting on the floor. Hopefully Caleb will get things finished in the next week or so. I have my family baby shower April 18th. My grandmothers' gift to us is the crib. So I want the room completely finished so we can bring home the crib.

I guess that is all for now. Happy Spring!!!!

0 comments: