BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 8, 2010

New Things

My little boy is getting big. This weekend Gaven grew up a little too much for mommy. Where do I start first...

For about a couple of weeks now I have been giving Gaven a 4oz bottle with a little water in it. He would just play with it and get wet but Saturday he started holding the bottle and drinking himself. Last night he even took the bottle out of my hands so he could do it himself.
This makes me happy and sad at the same time. It will make things easier but also but at the same time he doesn't need me as much now. :(

Then he started feeding himself Cheerios. About a month and half now, we had been giving Gaven Cheerios to work on his pincer grasp. Up until yesterday he really had just been playing with them and I occasionally would put on in his month. Well yesterday he started feeding himself. I was trying to feed him his veggies for lunch and he just kept eating the Cheerios. So I had to wait until he was finished with his Cheerios to feed him.

Next, was his first bruise. On Saturday night we were at a club for my MIL 50th birthday party. We were sitting in a booth holding Gaven after dinner. My purse fell under the table so holding Gaven with my left arm, I bent down to pick up my purse and Gaven lunged forward and banged his cheek off the table so Sunday morning he had a bruise on his cheek.

And last but not least, while playing with Gaven this morning before work I noticed that you could see one of his top teeth. It hasn't broken the skin, but you can feel it under the gum.

So as you can see I am reeling this morning about how my baby boy is growing. I was even dreaming this morning about when he was first born and still in the hospital. 
*tear*tear*sniffle*sniffle*

0 comments: